Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Questions I Ask

Peace be Upon You 

I hope this writing finds you in the best state of faith and health. May God give us the strength to do and say those things most pleasing to Him.

A while back, the topic of Iran and Nuclear Energy came up again in a gathering I was attending and ever since that I think we need to debate this topic more carefully. I get a sense of stagnation and a morbid repetitive broken-record, status quo deficient loop when people say "oh other countries have it, so we should also" and then the leery dark perception that ensues: "hopefully extremists of our government don't build a nuclear bomb and blow it on other people".

Thinking in a limited manner, thinking that a certain geographic country should have something because other countries have it and it works and provides energy is not a deep serious life purpose type of thinking in my humble opinion. Yes, nuclear energy can provide energy. So did coal , oil, etc. however is this is? Why not also ask "How many Fukushima type of disasters do I need to see for me to change and think differently" "Am I not ever tired of thinking about lacks and scarcity - jumping from a very imperfect polluting solution to another???? in the same box of scarcity thinking ?" "How much more should I wait to see what the world's governments have in store for us in terms of real and heart-felt solutions" "Why not be proactive - start exploring alternatives myself?"

And do you just like to copy what other people have? Why? Boy, is this not the Jones's effect: "hey they bought a house, we should buy a house, they got two cars, we should get one more....they got a child, I need a child". I cannot believe for an epsilon of second that our spiritual and intellectual potential is limited at this level.....If you believe in God and that God is perfect and human's soul yearns to go towards this perfection and progression, then the question of "How am I going to have what others have in my generation" is not enough, not only is not enough, it is a low-level and dangerous type of thinking. The belief, I humbly, dear reader, I urge you to subscribe to more seriously is this:

"I believe God is The-Abundant, He is Most beneficent to All and Most Merciful, Oh God reveal to us what is best for us so that we can construct systems that manifest a shade of your Abundance. God most high likes us to explore His bounties and not be satisfied with being short-changed with something incompatible with our spirit. We see the effects of disasters of pollution, health and environment hazards, etc. around us and now we ask God to give us knowledge and intuition to build harmless systems. And once I am nudged and informed about a potential solution, no matter how small and insignificant it seems at first, I am willing to look at it, experiment with it and try it, see why it is good And no more I am just satisfied with what is advertised to me via main stream media and those who prey on superficial information causing nations to pursuit disastrous fantasies."
"The earth and the skies could not keep this trust of the clock
Yet the poor insane me was stuck with such tough luck.
People find good reason for the wars in which they are stuck
Since Truth they cannot see, to fantasies they would flock."


Inshallah (God Willingly) we pray for abundance and the most truthful realization of Allah SWT. We shall not be convinced with staying at the status quo of any system or any -isms - except that which is more truthful and just. 
"We shall never cease from exploring"

And Peace be Upon You


1 comment:

Unknown said...

A brother wrote in an email to me:

May Allah's peace and mercy be upon you as well,

You highlight an interesting point. The argument "we should have nuclear energy, because everyone else has it" is a logical fallacy: the Ad Populum appeal. History has shown time and again that popular or widespread beliefs aren't necessarily true. The most simplistic and absurd rendition of that incorrect logic is the cliche question "if all your friends jumped off a cliff, would you?", hopefully you would appreciate the intellectual gift's Allah bestowed upon you to make the right choice.

The pride factor is also a powerful negative influence. Many Muslim countries suffer from a crippling post-colonial inferiority complex, centuries of abuse by technologically advanced but morally bankrupt powers leaves a mark. Blindly adopting technology without moral evaluation has serious consequences.